Dozens of people were rescued from their homes amid deadly flooding in parts of eastern Kentucky on 28-29. July, Kentucky National Guard footage shows.
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear so Monday, at least 35 people were confirmed dead in eastern Kentucky after historic flooding. The severe weather conditions were expected to continue as emergency responders searched for others reported missing, according to Beshear.
Kentucky National Guard footage shows a helicopter lifting people from their flooded rooftops. Entire families are rescued and brought to Wendell H Ford Regional Airport near Hazard. Credit: Kentucky National Guard via Storyful
– Only slightly. 10 feet below. Come straight up.
– Straight up.
– Chapter 4. [INAUDIBLE] 75 on Fox.
– Move on.
– Flight AD0 on Victor.
– F415. State police, do you need us to send some people back to Hazzard for you?
– 30. 20. 10 feet below.
– Bring them in.
– [INAUDIBLE] pretty good further. I have her at 40 feet.
– [INAUDIBLE] right turn. They are ready from there.
– Thank you.
– 20 feet below. [INAUDIBLE] under control. Lift it up. 20. 10 feet. At the four. To bring her in.
– 50 feet below.
– And I will start a slow climb.
– Slow climb.
– Do not go forward. OK. She is 20 feet under. 10 feet. 3 feet from 4.
– 3 feet.
– Hi, Smo. Be careful. That guy has a broken shoulder. Just be careful.
– Did you get it, Smo?
– Yes. I have it. [INAUDIBLE]. The inside. Don’t worry about him.
– Right. Hit the floor.
– Take him in.
– [INAUDIBLE]. [INAUDIBLE] come up.
80 feet below. 60 feet.
– I don’t want to fly and hurt this old lady in the basket.
– 20 feet below.
– I’ll come up, sir.
– 10 feet below.
– I have you.
– Did you hear Wally’s–
– On 4.
– I did.
– So make sure you have your zippers up.
– Two nines zero, 2 and 1/2, sort of a final for 24, 4900.
– And 672 has you in its sights. We will be in front of you soon.
– We got you, sir.
– Roger, 675–
– Come out and get help.
– Everything. Everything near Frankfurt. 1800 over.
– Jesus, dude. If you are leaning, stop.
– You have an extra boat crew in the south [INAUDIBLE].
– Give a small fist bump.
– Action with fist.
– Alright, [INAUDIBLE] oops, the ceiling is, what, three miles west of danger at this point. Prepare to copy.
– [INAUDIBLE] damn complex.
– We don’t need that rope, do we?
– Perceived. I have three adults and I think at least two kids on this next one.
– Looks like wood.
– And I get quads to check and make sure there aren’t any left.
– Perceived. The plane is coming in, what’s his call sign?
– Cash 11.
– Call sign Cash11 and he’s up this creek with you.
– Cash11 at 41-15.
– Yes, we got you.
– Alright, we’re on. We got 11 places.
– Raw. We have a quad bike running up and down the road, trying to find out if there are any stragglers. The call sign for a doctor on the ground is JLo.
– [INAUDIBLE] 10 seats in this helicopter.
– The last one.
– One more?
– I have loaded the last person.
– Oh, last person is in.
– Hello. Yep, we’re good.
– [INAUDIBLE] the door.
– Get ready to come up.
– Yes, we got in touch with them to relay 097’s message.
– [INAUDIBLE] get closer.
– OK, [INAUDIBLE] screaming [INAUDIBLE]–
– [INAUDIBLE] with the shirt on over there.
– Was he wearing a shirt?
– I can’t say that.
– Oh, there he is. White– got a white shirt.
– [INAUDIBLE] says about [INAUDIBLE].
– Yep, 377 Russell Branch Road, town of Clayhole, Kentucky.
– [INAUDIBLE] 645.
– 645, say again.
– Yes, we are on our way [INAUDIBLE] he said [INAUDIBLE].